Chris Dunagan brought the heat today talking about content strategy, how it works, and why you need one. Here’s some of his key points and top quotes.
- We are stewards of the gospel.
- Church online is broken if it doesn’t connect people to people.
- Content strategy: mobilizing resources to achieve a goal in support of the vision of your organization
- Vision determines content and context.
- There are 2 ways to get content: curate it or create it.
- Refine -> Revise -> Improve -> Recycle
- “Connect people with something that you’ve taught them, or with something that they’re about to learn.”
- “Your feelings will lie to you, but your data will not lie.”
- Distribution is important. Just because you create a website doesn’t mean that people will flock to it.
- “By the time your staff is tired of hearing your core values, your volunteers are JUST beginning to catch on.”
- 7 reasons why Christians get baptized > Come be baptized.
- Evaluate: content strategy, vision, content, context, create, distribution, timing
- Strategy wheel: Writing (How we say it?) -> Distribution (Where we say it?) -> Listening (What are THEY saying?) -> Messaging (What we want them to say?)
- Your content strategy should further the Gospel of Jesus and not the fame of you, your leader or your organization.
- “We can’t build a kingdom when it’s attached to ourselves, it must be attached to our Maker.”