I’m terrible at remembering things, and when I say terrible, I mean I’m a hopeless case. I also don’t keep a calendar which means I have no idea what all I did this past year. To rectify this problem, at the end of last year, I exported all of my Facebook statuses and photos, and between my Facebook media and many tweets, I was able to create a list of all the big things I did in 2013. My 2014 list will be released soon, but in the meantime, here’s how to create your “Major Happenings of 2014” list:
- Click on the profile icon (top right) and click “Settings.”
- Click “Request your archive.”
- When your download is ready (it takes some time), Twitter will send you an email with the download link.
- Once you get the email, click the “Go now” button and download the .zip file.
- Unzip the file and click “index.html” to view your archive.
- Click the drop down arrow on the top right of your screen (assuming you’re logged into FB).
- Select “Settings.”
- Click “download a copy of your Facebook data” which is located below your General Account Settings.
- Click “Start My Archive.”
Once you have both your Twitter feed and your Facebook timeline downloaded, go through and reminisce about 2014.