Here’s all of the top quotes and key notes you don’t want to forget from Darrel Girardier’s talk at That Church Conference.
- Don’t let your social media be like a plane where it takes off and lands without intersecting anything.
- Give people what they need, not what they want.
- When you feel like you’re the only one who can do it, you begin to feel like a superhero.
- Constantly playing superhero leads to burnout.
- Take yourself out of the equation and ask yourself “how is the task going to get done?” @dgirardier #ThatCC @ThatChurchConf
- At the end of the day, you are playing a perception game.
- Salemanship is part of the job.
- Your scorecard is one of the following: attendance, building, cash. (That’s not necessarily a stated reality though). To figure out what the scorecard is, see what’s being celebrated in your church worship service.
- “Your Ministry Scorecard: What’s being celebrated? How are we doing? Are we doing what we hope we’d be doing?” @dgirardier #ThatCC
- Don’t write goals. Write mission and vision.
- Every piece of content has to be aligned the mission and vision of your church. Your mission and vision is not ‘go and make disciples;’ it’s what makes you unique in your area.
- Are you more in love with social media and church communications than the Bride of Christ?
- We understand that the church is not based upon the next building we create but rather the next relationship we create.
Follow Darrel on Twitter at @DGirardier
Follow me on Twitter at @AlyHathcock